Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mail Magic -- The many joys of returning to one's mailbox after a month away.

Heck yes.
I love mail.

Why?

These are just some reasons...


 The sheer abundance of joy that awaited me when we got home was breathtaking.


My dear friends and penpals across the world all had a month to catch up on their replies to me, and they sure as heck did just that. I'd love to share some of the gorgeousness with you here--

From my dear A., in Australia.

The beautiful Australia Post fish stamps, from A.'s letter.

ABOVE: Letter from the wonderful B.'s, in Michigan, U.S.A. // BELOW: Their stamps.



From the beautiful C., a dear friend from Florida whilst she travelled in Europe.

Love those English stamps!!


From dear J., within the United States. // And below--her stamp choices.


From penpal L., in Oklahoma!

Love those Miles Davis stamps!

From penpal M., in Hawaii!

Great stamp choices!

From the lovely B., within the United States.
 A few of my faves from the above photograph--



He knows I love that typewriter stamp...

Gorgeousness.

Musical perfection....

...and that STAMP!!

Gotta love the food and the accompanying cutlery!

Love. That. Stamp.
 Some other wildly wonderful choices made by B--

Jazz.

To make sure the postie knows to send it to me!

The gorgeous stamps on a package from Australia!

Air Mail--YES PLEASE.

My favourite magazine arrived too. Perfect reading material.

And with an article about one of my favourite cities in the world, I about cried with joy.

First letter from new penpal K., in Canada.

And some sweet stamps to boot!

From penpal S., within U.S.A.

Another from penpal S.

First letter from new penpal V., in Spain!
I shall be replying to all of these letters from a seat onboard a flight to Illinois. Can you say handcramps and papercuts? "I think I'm gonna need two complimentary teas for this one, thanks Cheryl."

On a side note, this letter came back to me yet again...


I have no idea why. The address is correct.
I'll have to do some research, because I am sure as heck confused!!
Any ideas?

Hope you've been having a wonderful mail day as well!
~ Ms. Always Traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling