Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Outgoings!

My outgoings today were rather small. This is because I have not received any mail this week except for one letter from the lovely El. in Australia (which was adorned with a $2.35 Diamond Jubilee stamp -- look at what I'm missing out on!!), and -- hence -- when one lacks in incoming, there is only so much mail that can go out.

I sent a letter to my Grandma today, just a simple piece to inform her of my going-ons and some things that reminded me of her in my travels. My Grandma used to send me aerogrammes, back when they were still being used. (If anyone knows of a blog/person that makes/has/sells aerogrammes, I'd love to know!!)
Because she's an awesome grandmother, I made sure to let her know:



Those are real, handcancelled French postage stamps I previously mentioned.
And the current "Cherry Blossom Centennial" postage stamps -- love them! It was a pity to have to break the pair for this envelope!
I thought it was mighty awesome how the hands and the word "Grandma" met in this photo!

Today I also sent a piece to my cousin, Tz, in Australia:



...and that's it!! Rather wimpy, aye?

I'm in need of some more penpals, I guess!! (If interested -- let me know!)

On a side note, I finished my major paper. It's due on Friday and I can't wait to hand it in!!


Did you send some mail today? Make someone's day?
I sure hope so.

Send mail--send love,
                       ~ Ms. Always Traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling