Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Outgoing Joy

Today was a good mail day for my correspondents...


I have to say -- I really had a wonderful mail day today. With a grand total of nine outgoing pieces, I hope to have some happy penpals this week! And I hope they write me back!!
Here is the count:
  • four to Australia (aforementioned A and M, as well as a piece to E and T)
  • one within America (to El.)
  • three postcards within America (to An., C, and Ro.)
  • one within America (to B.)
I'm pretty proud of these ol' pieces!
Here are some pics:
The mighty pile -- not even including all mail!


Just some of the outgoing pieces...See that Sam Sparro in the top right-hand corner? I took a HUGE pile of fliers from the performance venue in NYC (because they were to be thrown out that night anyway, sadly!) and am now using them as postcards! Decorated the back, and sent three of 'em today.


A piece made for the dear T in Australia -- handmade out of a wax, biscuit-bag from NYC!

There is the other side of T's envelope -- the wax bag. Cute, aye?
...and then the postal requirements! Ended up being $2.15 because of it's "unusual shape" -- Bill informed me.

A piece to my El., within the USA. I thought she would enjoy this one because of her fondness for sweetness. I LOVE how the pink Cherry Blossom postage stamp (love 'em loads!) matches the pink writing on the envelope -- side note, the envelope paper is from a menu from a cupcakery in NYC!

Sweet dreams, aye?

What a cute Parisian baby!





And a little bit of Sam Sparro joy. These postcards (pictured is just one of the three made -- each are unique) are regulation size -- thank goodness -- and required a mere thirty-two cent stamp! Of which Bill provided me with this morning...



So, I do believe, that puts my "To Send" count at ZERO, that is--working off my aim ("to send fifteen") at the beginning of this month.

I've sent a lot of mail this month -- partly in spirit of National Letter Writing Month, and partly because it has been a normal month...thus letters had to be sent! My hope is that I might just receive some mail in return.

To a good mail day, now and always!

Send mail--send a whole lot of love,
                                                     ~ Ms. Always Traveling



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling