Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Aerogrammes!

Aerogramming it UP!

Today I decided to make an aerogramme for a dear friend of mine, M, in Australia. She is currently not well, so I hope this little postal piece brings her as much joy upon reception as it did for me to make!

I made the template myself, loosely based off an old aerogramme that I had in my letter collection box. USPS has discontinued the use of post office issued aerogrammes as far as I can tell, and I'm not currently sure as to whether or not Australia Post is still using them (their website confuses me a little bit with their most recent aerogramme from 'Christmas 2011'?) however I'm breaking both barriers by making my own!

It's smaller than (what used to be) regular issue, but I should like to hope that it'll make it through the post just the same!

I'm aiming to pre-cut out a fair few more of them, possibly decorate them too, and then carry them with me should I ever want to send a quick and easy message from afar! It makes a lot of sense, aye?
[On a side note, sending this piece to M in Australia puts my To-Send-Count at 8 more!]

Here are some pics:






Little Purple Sheep is a postal pal.


Have you ever written/made/used an aerogramme? Do you know any place where they still exist, or are readily available? Let me know!

And may today be a good mail day!



Send mail--send love,
                                ~ Ms. Always Traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling